Monday 6 June 2011

Bunting, Birthday, books and a badge !!



Hello all,
I realise it's been two weeks since my last post, but I do have a valid excuse for being a bad blogger, we have been away camping in Derbyshire.

Oh how I would love to share with you beautiful pictures of the rolling hills, streams, sheep in the fields and the children enjoying the outdoor life, but in all the excitement of trying to squeeze everything into the car, the camera was forgotten.
So all I have to show is a very grainy picture of the bunting that was strung between mine and my friends tent, I must admit it did look very pretty flapping about in the sunshine, my terrible picture does it no justice. My friend loved it so much that when we were packing up to go home, I gave it to her to hang in her conservatory, much to her husbands delight !!

Dylan decided to try is hand at sign language whilst we were away, as my friends daughter Kristin is disabled and uses this form of communication most of the time. We were having great fun learning and trying to remember the signs, until Kristin's dad decided to show Dylan the sign for BULLS**T, from then on every grainy mobile photo that was taken of Dylan he showed us his new found skill....



....typical boy !!!

It was also my 35th birthday whilst we were camping, and I received some fantastic gifts from the hubby and my best friend.
Now my hubby is not usually that great at gift buying and doesn't always get it right, this year I'd give him 8/10 for effort.
He's obviously jumped on the Cath Kidston bandwagon and tried to play it safe....


....He's done well hasn't he ? Some pretty cake tins, a gorgeous phone case and a much needed pair of scissors.  Then I got to my last gift, something small, jewelry perhaps ? No it was this......



...a dog badge !!!!
I must admit it is cute and I did wear it all day of my birthday.

I also got some great gifts off my friend including these books..


..
......dogs again !!


Such a funny book, not sure I will make anything out of it, but great to look at, this is my favourite picture...



How scary are that mans eyes ?

I have one birthday gift that still has not arrived, and it's driving me mad waiting for it, as Amazon has marked it dispatched, any day now I shall have this..


Hopefully on my next post I will have some crochet to show you, maybe from this book.

Nearly forgot a big thank you to Ashley from the beautiful blog Country Rose  for my award. 


I promise to pass this on to some other deserving blogs in my next rambling post.

Speak soon xx

22 comments:

Unknown said...

That man's eyes are wird - I am sure that my mum made me wear a hat just like that when I was younger. Looked great with my basin shaped haircut! I love your bunting! I'm not surprised your friend wanted it! Happy birthday too. Sue x

Beki said...

Your hubby done good and I love the bunting, I can see why your friend wanted it!

B xxx

p.s Happy belated birthday :o)

hooksandyarns said...

Happy Birthday!

Glad you had a great time camping. :)

Deb said...

Hello! Hope you had a wonderful birthday! Cath Kidston would make any birthday wonderful! I love the bunting in your pic. Did you make up the pattern? I have been looking for one that is crocheted. I have found one that is paper, but I would like one that lasts longer. I also love the dog is the previous blog. What a cutie!
Hugs...

♥ emma bear forever ♥ said...

Gorgeous, pretty bunting ~ bet it looked fantastic between the tents.

Hehe at your Dylan, typical boy!

Happy belated birthday xx

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Happy belated birthday to you. That man in the hat looks like Mr. Bean :/ My youngest son took an afterschool class in sign language. I know the alphabet, but not actual words. Looks like ya'll had lots of fun in the great outdoors. The kids are finished school here but I still have to work til the 14th and then I am on holiday too. :) Best wishes, Tammy

Penny said...

Oh what pretty bunting Jacey, I'm sure you were the envy of all those happy campers! I love the badge ad have met on several "open artist studio" ocassions the artist who paints them, her name is Calire Fletcher and if you google her and find her web site you will be in for a treat for sure. We are lucky to own a couple of original paintings by her and I did notice a year orso ago her cards and badges appearing in the CK shops.

Happy belated birthday and I hope your amazon book order appears very soon and I understand about the "driving you mad waiting for it" oh so well :0)

Love and hugs, Penelope xox

YarnRoundHook said...

A belated Happy Birthday!
The crochet book looks fab - is that a crochet tie on the cover? And yes, the man in the hat is very scary!

Cuckoo said...

Crochet Camping Bunting! Fantastic!!! Love it.

Have chortled heartily at the funny crochet hat! Ho ha ha!!

Cuckoo said...

Woops, Happy birthday to you!!!!

Tracy said...

fab post really made me chuckle about dylan, crochet camping bunting every tent should have some!!!
i think your hubby did a grand job of your birthday pressies!!
looks like you had a fab time...

Joan said...

hi happy belated birthday i'm envious of you going camping we have a caravan but haven't been able to get away for a while
wow you got some great presents

**Anne** said...

Happy Birthday to you!!! The bunting looks gorgeous, so cheery. I love the dog badge, sooo cute. Enjoy your gifts and the crochet book when it arrives. Thanks for sharing you fun.
Anne xx

lovestitch said...

Happy Birthday to you! Love your bunting, it's gorgeous!! Such a lovely post as always!

Country Rose said...

Oooohhh love the CK cake tins! That's my idea of a great birthday gift! :)

Happy belated birthday!

Gorgeous bunting, your friend is very lucky to get given it..!

Ashley xxx

Carina said...

Love the tins and the book looks special as well. Carina x

Scented Sweetpeas said...

love the bunting, so sweet. Happy birthday, love the pressies, that dog badge is very cute indeed :-)

ooohh can't wait to see what you create from that book. I have finally managed to learn how to make granny squares and little hearts which I am now a bit addicted to making :-o

byhooks4u said...

sounds like an awesome day..love the tent decorations. Happy birthday

mrs cheese said...

I love your camping bunting!
And the doggy badge is so sweet
:-)

Christals Creations said...

Wahoo! I can post again. Very exciting. We're all ok thanks. Boys loving having Daddy back home. He's got a couple of weeks holiday so going on lots of days out.
Hope you are all ok. x

Cuckoo said...

back again. I have been obsessing over your rose in your profile pic. Would you share where you found the pattern?

xxx

faith76 said...

Just discovered your blog x

Like the bunting - very pretty for camping/glamping.

Leah x