Monday 4 October 2010

Finished flower cushion


Hooray, it's finished at last!!  I'm really quite pleased with it and it looks so pretty sat in the beautiful sunshine that we have had today, but can you see the mistake??
I can see it every time I look at it now... yes there are four brown flowers in a row... oh well!!

I decided on a plain back as I didn't want to distract from the front, I didn't want it to be too fussy.



I found some little treasures this week at the charity shop, a wonderful lotto game with the most adorable pictures.



I also found some story books to read to Isla -Rose when she gets a little older, it has the loveliest stories in, just like the stories I used to read as a child .


Having a quick flick through the pages in the shop I had a little chuckle when I saw some of the illustrations, they wouldn't be suitable for childrens books today.



Oh dear the look on that poor gollies face, he's not happy about being scrubbed clean, and with that I shall love you and leave you as I have straps to sew on Lucie's ballet leotard for tomorrow, there is nothing like leaving things till the last minute.

Speak soon x

14 comments:

Kandi said...

Oh that is really pretty I love it! The four brown flowers in a row remind me of 'Connect 4' and that means you win!
Kandi x

**Anne** said...

I love your cushion and did a similar thing with something I crocheted recently. In the end I decided that my perfectionist nature could go take a hike for a change and let it be.

mother of purl said...

Wow- what a pretty cushion- I just want to snuggle up against it on the sofa! x

sylviesgarden said...

Such a fabulous cushion, well done.
x

Pink Feather Paradise said...

beautiful...!

- said...

Lovely dovely cushion!

~Niki~ said...

love your ripple! you are very talented to be able to do one. I'm so discouraged everytime I try to ripple. Love the cushion! I am also wondering how the heck to attach squares together. lol. i'm obviously self taught, and not a good teacher. thanks for your comment!

O. said...

I love those little flowers. Once of these days I will have to learn how to make a crochet pillow.

~*~ saskia ~*~ said...

Your cushions are ADORABLE. Loving the sweet vintage images too.
Have a happy day! xxa

Just-Do said...

A great cushion. Don't mind about the four brown flowers. You said it, I don't think I would have noticed it. But then, if one believes to have made a mistake, one will always see it, however small it is.
And what are last minutes for, if not to leave something to!
groetjes, Dorien

Vera said...

ooooo!!! oh-so-lovely! well done! xo

Vera said...

ooooo!!! oh-so-lovely! well done! xo

Rachel said...

ooohh i love the colours of this cushion just beautiful, well done x

Lynne said...

I thought the brown flowers were meant to go across the diagonal, so it looks fine to me.